Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hello there...

Well, I've caught up on reading all my blogs, so I guess it's time to produce a little for my own blog.  Hmmm, where to start.  Let's see...

1.  I decorated for fall, actually my sister decorated, but it was fun to look a little festive.  Some cute kids showed up for candy on Halloween, I couldn't get away from work and missed most of them, but the people who were partying at my house said it was fun.

2.  I had that moment this week when I do something and realize it was just like my mother, we all have those.  But this time, I did something that I always despised her doing.  Let me explain.  I hate to lose... with a passion.  When I was a kid and played sports, any time we would lose, I would come off the floor very upset.  My mom would say things like "well, you looked really good in your uniform"  um, you want to talk about infuriating... I just played like crap, lost, and that's what she wants to tell me!!  Fast forward to this week.  I have a good friend who coaches football.   His QB was up for Mr. Football in his division.  I ended up watching the ceremony online and he didn't win.  Later, Coach sent me a text to tell me QB hadn't won, my reply "I saw.  I ended up watching online.  I'm sorry.  But he looked sharp representing in his black and gold."  As soon as I had hit send, I thought oh my goodness, I have become my mother, talking about how good people look when they lose.  It was frightening.  I'm still bothered and ashamed...

3.  I ran my first half marathon!!!  I still can hardly believe it.  Between the foot, and the stuck pill, and a lack of get-after-it-ness, I didn't train like I had planned.  I ran a lot of miles, but long runs were fewer and shorter than planned.  Then my IT band decided it didn't like me the Wednesday before the race.  But adrenaline reigns supreme, and I ended up finishing in 2:40:27.  If my shoe hadn't come untied during the last mile, I would have broken 2:40.  12:15 pace, which I was pleased with.  I would definitely run another.  Next goal, break 2:30.



4.  Happy Birthday Me!  I turned 31 this month.  Holy smokes.  I've already decided 31 is going to be better than 30 was, and low and behold it has been.  Amazing how attitude and mindset affects things, isn't it.  I spent my birthday at the beach, and had a great time with my friends.

5.  Thanksgiving!  Probably my favorite holiday of the year.  Lots of food, family, and fun.  It was a great day.  I got to see my mom's entire side of the family, every cousin, which is always fun.  There was a kickball game, swings, ping pong, old stories, and an all around good time seemed to be had by all.


 
 


I'll do better, more posts soon!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on your first half marathon! That is so exciting and you did GREAT! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday too!

Amy Lavender said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And HAPPY HALF MARATHON! Fantastic job!

birdie said...

Well I can't think of a more wonderful lady to be like in all the world. She is truly the "fragrance of CHRIST".
I remember once saying something to her about something. She reworded it so sweetly that I was jealous I hadn't said it that way. She is so kind & sweet.
Proud of your running the marathon. And in Florida at that!
Praying 31 will be a blessed year!!!!