Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November Thankfuls Days 1-8

I had this idea from all the posts I've seen on Facebook telling what people are thankful for.  From what I can tell, looks like they are posting one each day of November, so I've decided to do the same thing, but on my blog.  I have some catching up to do...


Day 1 - I'm thankful for my God and his Son, Jesus.  It's a blessing to know I'm loved unconditionally.  I have someone to turn to no matter the situation.  To God be the glory.


Day 2 - I'm thankful for my mother, the best person I know.  God blesses us all with talents, I have no doubt one of the talents he gave her was a gift for mothering.  She taught us about loving God, loving each other, and loving friends.  She is always fun, always willing to listen, and just the best.


Day 3 - I'm thankful for my father.  He taught me the value of hard work.  He gave me a love of farming, sports, and business.  He has shown me the importance and value of long-term friendships.  He is generous and incredibly hard-working, and even after living with 4 women, he still loves us.


Day 4 - I'm thankful for my sister, Clair.  She is one of the first I go to for advice, for opinions, and just to talk to.  She is level-headed, unflappable, and most always calm and cool.  She tells me the truth about things, and I need never wonder what she's thinking.  She's given me the coolest, cutest nephew ever!!


Day 5 - I'm thankful for my sister, Susan.  She is upbeat and joyful.  You can see Christ in her life.  She is honest and looks for the positive.  She has such a sweet spirit.  She works hard, takes up my slack on the farm, and can do anything.


Day 6 - I'm thankful for my friend, Jessica.  She always makes me laugh.  We have memories that go back for years.  She is welcoming to everyone, she knows how to make conversation with everyone.  She loves people, and she keeps people together.  She brought me into her family, and gave me a second family.  


Day 7 - I'm thankful for my friend, Martha.  We can be neurotic together, I can be honest with her about everything and she doesn't judge.  She is adventurous, and inspires me to be.  She meets people easily and is loved by those that know her.  She's an excellent beach vacation buddy!


Day 8 - I'm thankful for my friend, Thomas.  He makes me laugh.  He knows what to say when I'm down.  He is, by nature, an encourager to those he is around.  He is full of integrity.  He's dedicated and self-disciplined.  And he teaches me more about football!  


I'm blessed beyond measure to have these people in my life.  I do believe God puts people in your life for a purpose, and I'm so thankful these are the people that have been put in mine.  They challenge me and encourage me.  I see things in them that I want to imitate and mirror.     

1 comment:

Clair said...

Aww thanks! Love to hear nice things about myself!