Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Thoughts...

"For what it's worth, it's never too late (or in my case too early) to be whoever you want to be.

There's no time limit. Start whenever you want.
You can change, or stay the same.

There are no rules to this thing.
We can make the best or the worst of it.

I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that starve you.
I hope you feel things you never felt before.
I hope you meet people with a different point of view.
I hope you live a life you're proud of.

And if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

- "Benjamin Button", from the Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald




"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan


“Take time to accept responsibility. Your life is exactly that - It's your life. It is created by you. You are constantly making choices, constantly creating new experiences. And although we can be affected by circumstances which seem to be completely out of our control, essentially, we decide the direction in which we walk.”
 -- Nicolas Watkins


 


“The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he is always doing both.”
-- James Michener






 





No comments: