Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Desserts: Cheesecake Sopapilla


Kelly is all about desserts this week.  Check out Kelly's Korner for more great desserts!

Last weekend was my friend, Kathleen's, wedding shower.  It was lots of fun, and I must say, we hostesses outdid ourselves on the food.  Everything tasted delicious.  For my dessert I made Cheesecake Sopapillas.  I use igoogle as my home page, and I have a how-to section.  This recipe popped up one day, looked yummy, so I tried it, and it exceeded my expectation.  They were a hit at the party, and I was sending people home with baggies full!




Things You'll Need

(3) 8oz. packages cream cheese
1 cup & 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cans crescent roll dough
1 stick butter (melted)
1 tsp. cinnamon


Instructions

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 in. baking dish.

2 In a large bowl, mix together all 3 packages of cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, & 1 tsp. vanilla.
Set aside--this is the filling.

3 Roll out 1 can of the crescent roll dough as a sheet into the bottom of your 9x13 in greased baking dish. Press together any gaps so that dough does not come apart at the seams.

4 Spread filling out evenly on top of the bottom layer of dough.

5 Roll out 2nd can of crescent roll dough as a sheet and carefully lay on top of the filling. Again, press together any gaps at the seams so that the filling does not ooze out.

6 Pour 1 stick of melted butter over the top. Spread with pastry brush if you wish.

7 Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon together with fork. Sprinkle this mixture evenly across the top.

8 Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.


I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  Head on over to Alissa's Alissa's 33 Shades of Green to check out more great recipes.

No comments: