Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Thoughts...

Psalm 86:11 - Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

I came across this verse last night.  I know often times my heart is divided.  As I've heard said, I have one foot still in the world.  I have a hard time turning over control.  When I ride horses, I always have a firm grasp and don't want to let the horse do it's own thing and run.  I think I do the same to God.  I won't give up control.  I keep pulling back, only giving access to the areas I don't want full control over.  I've told God many times that I'm giving things to Him, for Him to control, but I think part of me still doesn't really know exactly what that looks like or means.  So my prayer last night was for an undivided heart, a heart that pursues and wholly loves the Lord.

No comments: