Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Answers...

Do you ever struggle during your quiet time, struggle to figure out what Paul is talking about and how it relates to you? That’s where I was last night, trying not to let my mind wander, but trying to stay focused on what I was reading, but it was a struggle. I stopped, prayed for help in focusing, for help from the Holy Spirit to get something out of what I was reading, and I started again, still not really getting all that Paul was saying. And then there it was, the part that was meant for me last night. The part that made me stop and think, about recent conversations with friends, about how I’m living my life, about my priorities, and about blessings from God, not material blessings, but those huge blessings offered to all Christians.

2 Corinthians 3:15-18


15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

There I had just asked the Spirit to help me focus, to show me something, and what is just a bit down the page, how the Spirit provides us freedom, what a blessing… how we can be transformed into Christ’s image. That’s what I want to be. Glory be to God for answered prayers and His Word that helps me focus and reset my mind.

No comments: