Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Running Verse

I mentioned before my running partner is working on learning Psalm 119.  That thing is LONG!!!  But this morning, she was telling me about a verse in the sections she's currently working on memorizing.  It is Psalm 119:32  "I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart."

First, of course the running part struck a chord with me.  "I will run the way of thy commandments".  It means to me, I will run on a path pleasing to the Lord, I will do what God has asked of me.

Second, when she said the part about "enlarge my heart", my mind immediately went to the horse, Secretariat.  My dad is a horse lover to the core, so I've know probably from age 5 or so that when an autopsy was performed on Secretariat, his heart was 3x larger than a normal horse's heart.  He had an enlarged heart, and it's what gave him the power to win.  It's what gave him the strength to run... FAST!!

So my hope is for God to enlarge my heart with knowledge and understanding so that I can run fast down the path He has laid out for me.

T-minus 3 days to the 10 mile race!!  Kind of makes my stomach hurt a little!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good luck with the 10 miles!