2. Bell Buckle 10 Miler next weekend - All I have run before race wise are 5k's, so we'll be going from 3 miles to 10 miles in one big leap! I'm really not even sure what kind of goal time to make. Yesterday I did 7.5 miles in the morning, and then I finished up with another 2.5 last night at the track. They felt good, really good. I've gotten used to running in the morning, because that's the only time that seems to work, but I really enjoy running at night.
3. My golf game - it's terrible. Last week was our work Scramble. I'm pretty sure we didn't use my ball one time. Next weekend I'm playing again so I went back to the driving range last night. Side note - have I told you about this driving range?? A friend had told me about it. It's open 24/7. The first time I went, it was late, and I was the only one there.... except these creepy eyes I could feel watching me from the garage. I finally texted my friend who said this was the upkeep guy who lives there. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later out comes a shirtless 50-or so year old man who starts cleaning up with a water hose. I was just praying all that came off was the shirt... So, back to how terrible I am. I went back last night and felt no improvement. I was whining to golf friend about how horrible I was. He says I've probably hit 50,000 golf balls in the past 5 years, and I'm still no expert. Me, "So you are telling me to shut up about still be bad after I've been to the driving range a whole 3 times". He just looked at me. I think that was a yes.
This is one of my new happy places, the 24/7 driving range. It really is quite peaceful out there.
4. Melissa's Shower - Super excited about Melissa's shower this weekend! We had a little snafu with location, but it has all worked out, and hopefully just makes things more memorable. Now I just need to get my chef hat on to make some really good food.
5. My Nephews!! - Melissa's shower is in Nashville which gives me the perfect excuse to head up early and visit with my sister and nephews... and have my sister help me cook! I can't wait to see Will and Fletcher!!
6. Annie - I'm heading to see Annie tonight. The community theatre is putting it on. I've heard they have done a really great job. Can't wait to see all those kids in action.
7. Spray Tans - Yup, I got one yesterday, and yup, they still make me happy. I did have a really hard time this time getting the old one off. And this one probably looks a touch funky because I never did completely rid myself of the last one. I asked the girl how to get it off and she said to buy some cheap shampoo and put sugar in it... interesting, I guess I'll have to try that.
I think that's it for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend!