Saturday, January 26, 2013

2013 Theme

I've seen several bloggers who focus on a theme for the year.  Neat idea.  I've been thinking about what mine would be.  I have it.  It's TRUST.  Trusting God in everything; not trying to manipulate things to go the way I want them to go.  I can already see it making a difference.  My heart is lighter, my burdens not as heavy.  He's got this.  That doesn't mean His plan will always necessarily be what I think it should be at the moment; it doesn't mean things will be easy for me; it doesn't mean I won't make mistakes.  But it means I don't have all this weight on me of analyzing all these aspects of my life and trying to figure them out.  I'm not in control, at least I don't want to be anymore.  I want God in control, but the only way I can really let that happen is to really trust, even WHEN THINGS DON'T GO MY WAY The underline and capitalize is for me, to remind me, trusting means I'm not allowed to make all the decisions; I can't say I'm trusting then when things take a turn, try to shift everything back to my plan.

I think I've repeated myself about 10 times now, but I have to, because God has been trying to tell me this for years now, and I've ignored it.  Seriously, lately it seems like every devotional I read is about trust.  I get, God, I'm finally getting it.  So, if you see me, if you talk to me, on the days I'm feeling confused and frustrated, remind me, TRUST.

Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

This morning I was telling a friend about my theme of trust, and she sent me this verse...

Psalms 112:4,7  Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man...  He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

So here's to a year of trust and watching God's plan unfold in my life :-)

No comments: