As I mentioned yesterday, January is all about survival for me. Work is completely overwhelming during this month, and it tends to take over my life, my attitude, and my mind. Last year wasn't pretty. So, these are my resolutions for the month. I'm going to write them out and follow up on how I'm doing every week.
1. I already mentioned this, but I will eat dinner with a friend at least once a week. We will have fun. We will bond. (Are you listening out there potential dinner dates?) We will not talk about accounting. I will leave the office early.
2. I'm in physical therapy 3 mornings a week for this knee issue. The other 2 mornings I will walk, hopefully soon I will run. I will do the hip exercises he gave me at least 5 days a week.
3. I will spend at least 10 minutes a day on household chores, including hanging up clothes, dishes, laundry so that things don't pile up. I hate when I walk in my house and think, has a burglar ransacked the place, no, that's the way I left it this morning.
4. I will ride a horse at least once during the month.
5. I will tackle some task that's hanging over my head at least once per week.
6. I will read my Jesus Calling devotional every day. I will journal at least twice per week. I will read James over and over during the month. I will keep count of how many times.
7. I will do arm and ab exercises at least 3 times per week.
Ok, that's it. I kind of like this one month thing. I don't like commitment. I try to avoid it at all costs, so just signing up for one month of stuff is not nearly as intimidating as resolutions for an entire year!
I think the big thing this list is missing is something that involves giving back. Maybe I'll figure out where to fit that in during the month. I think that's a big missing piece in my life right now.