Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running and Pasta

I'm starting to see how this running stuff consumes people.  I did my Sunday run, but wasn't able to run Monday or Tuesday, so tonight I was back at it.  I went to the gym earlier than normal tonight to do a run before I had my late night workout.  Well, as soon as I walk in, late night workout buddy says, you need to go run 2 miles before the gym closes.  When I look at the clock, that's 17 minutes away!!  I run up the stairs and start running, and while I didn't quite meet that deadline, I did get two miles in in less than 23 minutes.  I know, no lightning speed, but good for me...last Monday I ran one mile in 11:44, tonight was 2 miles in a little less than 11:30/mile average.  It's funny, because I'm boderline miserable while doing it.  Tonight after I finished the first mile, I thought, I can't believe marathon runners do 26 of these, I can't imagine having to go another 25 miles, but now that I'm sitting on my couch a couple of hours later, I'm so glad I did it, and want to do it again.
Pasta... I was so hungry when I left work last night, but I had come across this recipe for pasta yesterday and I wanted to try it.  I am a pasta lover, any way you cook it with whatever you put in it.  I made a quick run to Publix for the tomatos and spinich and then home to start cooking.  I did add in some portobello mushrooms I had in the fridge.  It was super easy, and so yummy.  I took some leftovers to my mom today for lunch and she was loving it.  Hope you enjoy, too!

No comments: