Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weekend!!

This was one weekend I was glad to see roll around.  It hasn't been a bad week, I was just ready for Saturday and no plans.
This morning we ran 8 miles.  At 5, we decided we were hungry and hit the breakfast place, then ran 3 more.  If I ever do get to run a long race, I'm going to have to have someone placed about mid-way to feed me fried eggs.  It was a good run, the last mile was fast for me, 10:40.  Would have been faster if I hadn't stopped to pick up a shiny quarter laying on the ground, but who passes up a quarter???
That gives me 26 miles for the week, not too shabby.  And the steroids must have worked on my foot, because I have no pain, even after today's long run.  I'm soooooo thankful!!  I may be able to run this 10 miler in June after all!
Now I've got to talk to cousin and get back on the weights and abs.  It seems like I can only keep one exercise plan going at a time, either running or strength/abs, but I haven't mastered the mixture of the two even though I know that would be the best route.
Not sure yet what the rest of the day holds.  My dad said something about vaccinating calves, so that may end up on the agenda. 

I so appreciate all the kind comments on my post earlier in the week.  I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to control my negative thoughts and replace them with God's truths.  The thing is my insecurities start out with negative thoughts about me, which is bad enough, but they can easily turn into me judging others on what I feel insecure about.  That's the absolute worst.
When I was a kid, we sometimes watched Saturday Night Live.  When i was thinking about positive thinking this week, this skit came to mind.


Doggone it, people like me :-)

Christan has a great series going on on her blog called Get your HEART Ready for Swimsuit Season

I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday.  It's a beautiful day here!

No comments: