Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's Ok - Pill Induced Esophagitis Edition

It's Ok...
 
Its Ok Thursdays
 
 
...that I haven't really eaten in 4 days and everything I'm reading says this condition could last up to 10 days.
 
...that I won't get to do my long run this weekend (that I desperately need) because I can't eat and fuel myself up for it.
 
...that everyone at work says I look like crap.  Apparently I also need food to look decent.
 
...that my heart goes out to anyone with digestive issues.  Eating and swallowing and all those things are something I've completely taken for granted until now.
 
...that I constantly berate myself for not drinking enough water with that blasted pill so I wouldn't be in this predicament
 
...that maybe I'll see a lesson God is teaching me thru this once I reach the other side, but I'm not there yet
 
...that I cried in my office after I tried to eat after I took the pills that the doc gave me today. 
 
...that the week that I can't eat is a week that we have a ton going on at work that requires lots of late nights.
 
...to appreciate coworkers and a boss that are highly concerned about you and let you come in late, and offer to take you to the doctor.
 
...that the doctor wants to do a scope on Monday... 4 days away!!!!
 
...to write a blog post that does nothing but whine and cry about your current condition.  Sorry, folks, hopefully i'll be back up and at 'em soon.
 
...to have really sweet friends who text and email you daily to see how you are making it. (it's actually the best)

So Happy Thursday!  Tomorrow is Friday and football and the start of the weekend, woo-hoo!!

2 comments:

Alysia said...

Poor thing. I'll be praying for you. There's nothing like being hungry and you can't eat.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Anna! This is awful! I'm so sorry you've been feeling so bad. I can't imagine not being able to eat. :o( I really hope it doesn't last the full 10 days!