Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Week's Highlights...

1.  That moment when one of the best cooks you know texts you to ask you how much butter you put in the rice... SCORE!!

2.  When God uses a devotional to put this verse in front of you, Ephesians 1:11  "Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan"  He makes everything work out according to His plan.  Of course He does.  I have this fear of messing up His plan for life so much it can't ever get back on track, so this verse gives me comfort.

3.  Winning fantasy football for the week... yeah this puts me in 7th place which is pretty much 6th Big Fat Loser, but the only way to move up is one win at a time.

4.  Bible Verse Exchange... received an email today about a Bible verse exchange, kind of like the recipe exchanges that went around email, but with Bible verses.  I received my first one tonight, and let me just say I loved it, put a big fat smile on my face - John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!... I have overcome the world, how does that not put a smile on your face.

5.  Clearing things up... as I told you earlier in the week, there are some things that have been hanging over my head.  I worked to try and clear them up and I'm feeling much better.

6.  Budget Time... The accountant in me is not going to tell you just how long I went without working on my budget, but let's just say a while.  There was some good, some bad, some needed changes, but it helped me put things in perspective, get some goals back on track, and start looking forward to my next vacation.

7.  Exercise... So this morning I met a friend at the gym for some much overdo strength workouts.  I'm already dreading standing up and sitting down tomorrow.  Those were the first lunges I've seen in ages and lunges and I just don't have a love affair, but it felt good to be challenging myself.  I'm hoping not only will it make me stronger, but it will help my running... if I'm EVER able to run at full throttle again...

Happy mid-week

No comments: