Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hobbies

Oh Saturday...

I have a few hobbies, some old, some new...

Cooking is new.  I only worked in the kitchen when I was growing up when I was asked.  I cared nothing for cooking.  When I went to college I learned to make spaghetti.  If spaghetti, PB&J, or cereal couldn't satisfy you, stay out of my kitchen!!

Since moving into my house and being responsible for keeping myself fed, I've become a little more adept in the kitchen.  I like to have people over, to host game night, or invite people to watch a game.  For some reason, most of those people expect food.  All that said, I've learned to enjoy cooking and trying new things.

So today, I tried this recipe I found on Ashley's blog

It involves this...



If anyone's kid at work is selling something, just ask me, I'll buy, thus the cheesecake for the football team fundraiser.

I took that, added a bunch of bad for you stuff and came to this...


And then the final product...


Yum!!

After my pancake lunch, I headed to the farm to feed.  Farming is an old hobby.  The farm is my happy place.  I forget that a lot of times until I get out there.

I love this barn, and I'm sad it's probably going to fall soon.


I got my feed loaded in the back of the truck and headed up to the hill to feed.  They heard me coming...


Getting in for the grub...


This is why I don't post pictures of myself


Attempt #2...


Yes, we'll stop with that now...

Close ups of a cuter critter...


We've had a lot of rain this winter and it stays pretty muddy right around the troughs.

Hope you had a great weekend!




No comments: