Monday, February 20, 2012

Mr. Wayne

Do you have those people in your life that always make you smile?  The ones who make you think you are one of their favorites.  That was Mr. Wayne.  It may be an underestimate when I say 9 times of 10 when I saw him he gave me some sort of compliment. 
From all the Facebook posts, I now realize he had the ability to make everyone feel like a favorite, make everyone feel special.
He always had a smile on his face, whether I saw him at church, around town, or at the ballpark.  He was just nice, easy to talk to, and quick to help.  He smiled as he told me about the first time he saw his wife, about when his first daughter was born, about many things.  I know enough about his life to know that things were not always peaches, but you wouldn't know it from talking to him.  He was a fixture at church.  He worked to serve others.  He will be greatly missed, gone much too soon, but another reminder of what a legacy means.  Another reminder of a great way to be remembered.  Another reminder of ways to live a life that means something, that serves others, that serves God. 
You will be missed terribly, you should have see the mess I made Sunday trying to figure out how to pass the communion back a row with no extra guy where you usually are. We will miss you much!

No comments: