Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And Here I Sit...

At my parents house.  I babysat tonight while my sisters and dad went to the Fabulous 50's show.  It's a show where local talent performs.  My mom has been in it from the beginning, 26 years, I believe!  They do a fantastic job.  I'm going next week and already looking forward to it.  Will, my nephew, was so much fun tonight.  We read the same book 30 times or so, danced to "Drop It Low, Girl", my favorite Zumba song, and played with some puzzles, tractor, and alligator.  Good times.  Another picture, just because I think he's so cute.

Interesting results from the Republican primaries tonight.  I've always enjoyed politics, always watched, read, etc, and this is leading up to what could be a most interesting convention.  I hear people who say this ongoing primary is terrible for the Republican party, but I say bring it on, might as well hear the bad now while we have a group to pick from.  Obama is going to bring out any skeltons anyway, let's see it now!

And another cute nephew pic... last one...

Um, I don't know why they all are sideways.  Turn your head and look, he's work it ;-)
So glad to have today OFF from Insanity.  I was ready for a break.  My workout cousin was crying during the workout last night, I lie not, crying.  I did see a girl's picture on Facebook today that was her post Insanity picture.  Wow, she looked awesome.  Grant it, we probably aren't starting out in the same shape, but still, made me want to start week 2 tomorrow.  A friend and I walked at work today; it was nice, relaxed, no crying, but still moved!

Since we are all over the place tonight, I wanted to share some verses from our church bulletin today.  We've had a lot of loss and tough situations in our church and in our town lately, and so today our preacher listed some verses of comfort...


Ps 18:30-31
30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? NIV


Ps 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the
heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Ps 118:8-9
8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes. NIV

2 Cor 1:3-7
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and
the God of all comfort , 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those
in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5 For just as the
sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your
comfort , which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And
our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also
you share in our comfort. NIV



No comments: